Register Date 2019-10-29
|Research Achievements||Research for elucidation of interactive mechanism between plasma and water|
|Main Contributor||Sung-Young Yoon, Hyeongwon Jeon, Seong Bong Kim|
|Related Research Project||R&D of Plasma Advanced Technology for Agriculture and Food|
|Major Research Achievements||Qualitative Achievements
- Proposal of model for mutual interaction between plasma and water in which increase of ions and reduction of surface tension on water by plasma
- The paper published in peer-reviewed SCI journal (Scientific Reports)
|Superiorities & differences||Superiorities
- The first characterisaton of properties of the plasma and water affected by their mutual interaction
- The result was published in high impact journal ; Scientific Reports (IF=4.12, JCR 82.03%, Rank 12/64)
- This study is the novel finding and the starting point of the study on the interactions between water and plasma, instead of unilateral effects of plasma on water.
|Expected Effect &
| Technical Perspectives
- The first suggestion of changed properties of the plasma by mutual interaction between the plasma and water
Economical & Social Perspectives
- The reaction mechanism of plasma interacting with water described in this study is very useful for designing and analyzing atmospheric pressure plasma apparatus for water treatment using air with high economical advantages compare to noble gas, and also has great industrial value.
Images of deformed water surface by the electric field. Plasma-treated time (min): (a) 0, (b) 5, (c) 10, (d) 20.
Images of the plasma for conditions of PTW (Plasma Treated Water). Left : Low-speed image, Right : High-speed image. Plasma treated time (min): (a) 0, (b) 5, (c) 10, (d) 20.